Well, it's been an interesting week or so. Last Wednesday, I was about a cm dilated and the doctor thought I'd have her within a week. All day Friday I had contractions in 2-3 hour blocks. Some of them more painful than others, but nothing steady. In fact, they would come all at once and I was having trouble timing them because it felt like one looooong contraction. I was sure that I'd be 3 cm at my Monday check-up. Nope! Just over 1 cm, but thinning more. So I'm progressing, but not as fast as we originally thought. And the contractions slowed down over the last few days.
On Monday, he said that he couldn't do anything "electively" until 38 weeks (next week), but if I had contractions, went to the hospital and they documented them then they wouldn't send me home. He said to walk to try to get the contractions going again. Well, we tried that and it seemed they were slowing down instead of speeding up! I swear, my child is hard-headed even from the womb!
So, we go back today for an ultrasound to check her size, because I am HUGE. Her movements are not as frequent as usual, so this morning I'm really scared. But, everything was fine. She's dropping more each check-up and they measured her at 7 1/2 to 8 lbs. Her heartbeat is strong, she's just running out of room to move. However, my blood pressure is up and I am as swollen as humanly possible. They had me lay on my left side and took my blood pressure 3 times. This also brought the contractions back. He said I'm almost 2 cm and still progressing. Then, he put me on bedrest with limited activity, but it's ok to work from home. It's more because of my swelling and the heat than it is from stress. I'm finding this difficult, but expect it to be better after tomorrow when my wireless network is hooked up and they give me access to my work files from home. He also said that my progression is good and I should have her naturally in the next week, but if not, he would induce me on Wednesday or Thursday.
YAY!! Hopefully by this time next week my little baby girl will be here and I'll be posting pictures of her. I'm so excited and nervous! And ready for this to be over. I'll update more after my appointment on Monday.
--Amy
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Baby Update
Posted by Amy at 6/19/2008 12:39:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment