CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My little Laila . . .


I cannot believe it! My little Laila is FOUR today (although, she's not little anymore)! Seems like just yesterday we were picking her up from our friends in the Academy parking lot. We knew NOTHING about dogs, which is strange since Chad always had a dog growing up. We took this little furball with a smushed in face home and the poor thing had no toys, no place to sleep, nothing! We only had food and water bowls because they gave them to us when we picked her up. She must have thought we were nuts. But we figured it out! She came to work with me sometimes and Chad still comes home every day at noon to let her out. Then they take a nap together. Those two are really something together. In fact, when I reminded him it was her birthday today, he wanted to take off work to celebrate! Forget our anniversary, Laila's birthday is a National Holiday! Her world changed, and I'm not sure she feels it's for the better, when we brought Maggie home a year ago this month. I decided she needed a "pug sister". I think she's still mad at me for that. ; ) But they are learning to get along better. They love to go outside and play. Maggie will get behind Laila and push her out the door if she's not getting there fast enough. They don't realize that a new, bigger change is in store for them soon, but I'm sure they'll adapt. Actually, I think Laila thinks Chad painted the nursery so she could have her own room. She sure does like to go in there and check it out.

Laila is the best, most well-behaved dog we could have ever asked for. I just pray that Maggie learns the same when she gets through her puppy phase. I almost never have to yell at Laila. She has learned to crawl up under my hand when she wants to be petted. And she makes sure to get a belly rub at every chance! She is so sweet and we love her very much.

Happy Birthday, Laila!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Amy-is this the Amy Herd I know from Harding Academy?
I'm glad you posted and I enjoyed your blog-love your dogs and congratulations on your baby girl to come!

Kim said...

Amy!
It is so good to hear from you!
I was so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you're doing good and I'll tell Jordan I found you in the blog world!
Kim