CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Here comes Hurricane Ike!

Well, it's about 4:30 am and Hurricane Ike is moving into College Station. We have taken all the precautions we feel are necessary for our area and have plenty of supplies on hand for ourselves and especially for Aubrey. The videos I'm seeing on the news out of Houston are amazing! They are showing windows blowing out of the downtown high rises as the eyewall moves over downtown Houston. The wind between the buildings created a tornado like vortex with glass and other debris whipping around in the street. They said if you look in the blown away windows (from a building across the street of course) you can see the office furniture blowing around in the offices!

Currently, we have about 25-30 mph winds here with some rain, but nothing heavy yet. It is moving our way, so the worst is yet to come. They are predicting 75+ mph winds and about 10 inches of rain.

Boy, I am so glad we don't live in Houston any more and we are praying that all those people who live there took the warnings seriously and got prepared.

I'll update as I can . . .

--Amy

0 comments: