CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Half-Birthday!


If you think I'm behind on my blog, you should see Aubrey's baby book. Updating all this stuff and photo albums have been on my To do list for a while. My list has finally gotten down to where I can do stuff like this now. Thank goodness! I am ready for a few "slow" months after the hectic months we've had.

On Christmas eve, Aubrey turned 6 months old! I simply cannot believe she is this old already. And she is growing so big! We didn't have her well-baby check up until Jan. 6, but the dr. was still impressed. She is almost 18 pounds and 27 1/4 inches. He said she is 95th percentile for weight and length and 90th percentile for head circumference. Her spitting up and decreased dramatically. Not gone, but much better. A lot of this is due to eating baby foods, especially oatmeal cereal. Most of the time, she would rather eat food than formula. She loves everything we've given her, although she'd rather have oatmeal cereal than rice cereal. I asked the dr. about her eczema and he gave us some tips to help. It's much better now and I give her benadryl for the itching. At the dr. office she really loved the mirror. She was kissing the baby in the mirror and putting her hand up on it. Really amazed and so cute! The only pictures I got are on my phone though. Overall, he said she is doing great! She got some more shots and was more upset this time. So sad!

She is really growing and trying new things. She is such a good baby! She doesn't fuss much unless she's tired or hungry. She's usually smiling and happy. She sleeps great, but has stopped letting me put her to sleep like a little baby. She likes to lay beside you and fall asleep with her blanket in one hand and the other hand in her mouth. She's very independent! She wants to hold her bottle or put her pacifier in her mouth by herself. She's not my little baby anymore! I'm so proud of her, but sad at the same time.

I guess it's time to start planning a birthday party!

--Amy

0 comments: